Terms and Conditions
Your participation in the Douglas #FORWARDBEAUTYChallenge (the “Challenge”) is governed by the following terms and conditions:
- The Challenge is organised by Parfümerie Douglas GmbH, Luise-Rainer-Str. 7-11, 40235 Düsseldorf, Germany (“Douglas”).
- To apply for the Challenge, you must submit a brief written description of your product or business idea and any supporting documents (the “Bid”) in English language via the Challenge website by 27.10.2019, 12pm CET at the latest. The total file size of your supporting documents may not exceed 20 MB.
- When submitting your Bid, you must provide your name and contact details for Douglas’ correspondence with you regarding the Challenge.
- If you wish to participate as a team you must nominate a team speaker and provide the speaker’s name and contact details when submitting your Bid. Your supporting documents for the Bid must also provide the names and contact details of all other team members. The maximum team size is a total of five persons (including the speaker). Douglas’ correspondence regarding the Challenge will usually be directed to the team speaker.
- Among all Bids that are submitted in due form and time Douglas will select, at its sole discretion, up to twelve applicants to participate in the Challenge (the “Participants”). Douglas will inform you not later than 13.11.2019 by email whether or not you have been selected as a Participant.
- The Challenge will take place at a personal meeting of Participants, jury members appointed by Douglas in Düsseldorf (Germany) on 29.11.2019.
- The jury members present at the Challenge will have significant experience in their field. They will be appointed by Douglas at its sole discretion.
- At the beginning of the Challenge each Participant will be asked to present its Bid in a plenary session. The Participants will have the opportunity to discuss their Bid with other Participants and will receive specific advice on the further development of their ideas from jury members.
- At the end of the Challenge the jury will, at its sole discretion, select one winning Bid among the Participants (the “Winner”).
- Douglas will provide the Winner the opportunity to further develop its winning Bid by offering ongoing support, mentorship and/or incubation, acceleration or implementation opportunities.
Travel and accommodation:
- Participants will have to make their own travel and accommodation arrangements for the Challenge event in Düsseldorf.
- Douglas will, at its own cost, arrange lunch and dinner for all Participants on the day of the Challenge event in Düsseldorf.
- Douglas and the Participants may publish in their respective social media channels (i) the fact that the Challenge is taking place and/or (ii) photos taken at the event, ideally using the official hashtag #FORWARDBEAUTYChallenge.
- Any other use of another party’s name, logo, image or other intellectual property rights in connection with the Challenge are only permitted with that other party’s prior written consent (e.g. by email).
- You must be at least 18 years of age when submitting your Bid.
- You must be in possession of valid travel documents and must be able to attend the Challenge event in Düsseldorf (Germany). If you require a visa you will have to obtain the visa yourself and at your own cost.
- You must own all intellectual property rights in your Bid and must ensure that your presentation of the Bid (including any presentations at the Challenge event in Düsseldorf) do not infringe any applicable laws and/or any rights of third parties.
- Employees of Douglas, employees of companies affiliated to Douglas and employees of agencies or service providers supporting Douglas in organising the Challenge as well as the relatives of such employees may not participate in the Challenge.
No expectation of confidentiality:
- Neither you nor Douglas nor the other participants shall have any expectation of confidentiality regarding the Challenge and/or regarding the content of any statements or presentations made within the Challenge. You must not present any information that you deem confidential.
Law and legal venue:
- The Challenge and these terms and conditions are exclusively governed by German law and shall be construed accordingly.
- Any recourse to courts of law is excluded.